You’ve done your market research. You’ve Googled “How to Get A GSA Contract” to exhaustion. You’ve decided – let’s do this… I want to get a GSA contract! So how long can you expect this adventure to take?
There is no easy answer to how long a GSA contract takes to be awarded. Typically, businesses that attempt to go it alone, take anywhere from 14 – 24 months to get a GSA contract. There are those businesses with amazing internal contract assets that can certainly get a GSA contract in a shorter amount of time, but not every business is so lucky. Using a consultant can also reduce the time it takes to get a GSA contract, but even consultants quote different timelines – anywhere from 6 to 14 months.
Having been in the the business of helping businesses get GSA contracts for the past 30 years, the team at Government Contract Services, Inc. has a pretty good idea of how long this process takes when in our hands.
Keep in mind, this time line is “average” and can be affected by things such as:
- Time of year – Contracting Officers assigned to review your GSA contract take vacations and holidays off too!
- Speed in which you can provide information requested. A project can only go as fast as it’s slowest piece – don’t let that be you!
- The number of questions (Clarification stage) that your assigned Contracting Officer has. Your Contracting Officer may not be well versed with your particular industry which can lead to a longer clarification process.
- Negotiations. Need I say more?! Your assigned Contracting Officer is actively trying to get the best deal for Federal buyers as possible. Some, are more aggressive than others. This is certainly a stage where a good consultant (Government Contract Services, Inc.!) can be priceless as this stage ultimately effects your profitability.
- GSA updates. The GSA contract has been undergoing a lot of changes lately. Large regulation changes tend to slow things down – a lot.
In a nutshell, working with the team of Contracting Experts at Government Contract Services, Inc. can help you achieve your goal of obtaining a GSA contract in about 10-12 months. More important than the timeline, our experts help you obtain a contract that is smart, profitable and good for your business. Stay tuned for our next Blog where we will highlight some of the ways our team can help you achieve higher contract profitability.
Interested in discussing a GSA contract for your business? Call us at: (234) 212-3400